The following is a selection of helpful ordinances passed by the Rye Township Board of Supervisors and are enforced.
Copies of all ordinances may be obtained at the Rye Township Municipal Building. The cost for copies is $.25 per page.
All Dogs must be on a leash or under the control and direction of its owner or custodian. It is also unlawful to allow a dog to make any loud noise or disturb the peace and quiet of the residents of Rye Township.
This ordinance declares and prohibits the following as nuisances:
- Accumulating garbage, junk materials or vehicles
- Burning tires
- Allowing a well to remain uncovered
- Pushing snow on the traveled portion of the street.
There are other details in the ordinance available at the Township office.
All Township residents are required to use the trash service provided by Rye Township.
- There is a four 33 gallon bags not over 40 pounds each limit or two trash containers not over 50 pounds each per week allowed.
- All trash must be bagged and placed out for pickup by 6:00 AM.
- All bags and containers must be located not less than five feet or more than 10 feet from State or Township roads.
The ordinance also provides for semi-annual bulk clean-up days.
Concerns or complaints must be made in writing and signed or they cannot be acted upon. Click on the link below to view the Complaint policy and RFA, (Request for Action).
Request for Action Form