Rye Township Recycles
1775 New Valley Road
Marysville, PA 17053-9419
Recycling in Rye Township is voluntary. Effective January 2, 2019 Rye Township will only receive flattened corrugated cardboard at its drop off location. The Cardboard recycling dumpster is located in the rear lot of the municipal building and is open Monday through Friday, 6 AM to 2 PM. THIS SERVICE IS ONLY FOR RESIDENTS. We do not want commercial recycling of cardboard unless you are paying the quarterly commercial trash fee.
Anyone needing assistance with dropping off their cardboard, please contact the Township office at 717- 957-2348 to arrange for assistance. Do NOT leave cardboard sit outside the bin!!
(Brown corrugated, or white shipping boxes ONLY. Must be flattened to fit into cardboard transporter)
In addition to the cardboard permitted for recycling, the Township receives and chips brush, small limbs, and Christmas trees at the Township Building. The chips will be provided to area residents on a first-come, first-served basis, and also will be used to maintain the Park trails.
RECOMMENDED WOOD RECYCLING GUIDELINES
Rye Township offers a drop off wood recycling program in the rear lot at the municipal building for its residents, M-F, 6 AM to 1:45 PM. The program is provided to assist residents with disposing of tree limbs and branches from their own residential lots. This program is not for a commercial contractor’s use in removal of a tree or trees on residential or vacant lots.
The following guidelines are imposed to keep our employees safe and the wood chipping equipment operational:
- Accepting only tree limbs and branches up to 6 inches in diameter
- Limbs must be at least 3-4 feet in length; Longer is better and safer
- Pile branches all in one direction in front of the chipper
- Do not bundle limbs or branches with rope
- No old, dead wood of any size
- No Small twigs and branches
- No Roots and/or root balls
- No small trees with roots attached
- No Stumps
- No Board Lumber or landscape timbers, treated or otherwise
- No trees or branches with wire or nails in them
- No fencing
- No vines, weeds, flowers, thorny berry branches, wild rose, or honeysuckle (It is a wood chipper. These items tangle in the chipper.)
- No building materials
- No shrubs
- No small tree and bush trimmings and leaves
- No wood that has poison ivy vines or poison oak on it
The Township has the right to refuse a load of brush if it does not follow recommended guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Download the 2024 Rye Township Refuse Info Flyer